Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Two years

















It is hard to believe that just two years ago Ben came into our lives. Some days, it feels like it has been so much shorter - I vividly remember so many details about that Memorial Day weekend (how my Dad kept urging me to go to the hospital, how many people Larkin frantically called to go stay with Maya so my parents could join us at the hospital, how it felt when Larkin told me that I had a son, and how excited Maya was to meet her little brother.)


Other days, it feels like those two years have lasted a lifetime. I mean, how did we even think we were a family without this little man?! I have a hard time remembering our lives without him in it.

Ben's personality has been set since he was a baby -he loves life and approaches most everything (except vegetables and sprinklers) with complete abandon. He loves singing and dancing, running, kicking/throwing balls, and anything he deems funny.


He still gives the BEST hugs.


Thank you, Ben, for two wonderful years. I know this year will bring a lot of changes for you - a new house, a new state, a new school, and a new role as a big brother. I can't wait to see how you embrace all these changes. I love you.

No comments: