Friday, June 25, 2010

Wendy's visit

I've tried loading pictures from Wendy's visit several different times, and I can't get it to work. I'm pretending that it is Blogspot's fault (as opposed to mine.) I'll keep trying, though...

In the meantime, we had a great visit with Wendy last week during her visit. Maya absolutely loved having her Shushu around. The two of them went for walks, visited museums, read books, played, did art projects, and blew a lot of bubbles. Ben also enjoyed being with his Shushu - he ate, pooped, and slept all week long.

It was great having Wendy around to help with both kids (and provide me with adult conversation during the day), particularly when Larkin was in New York. We are looking forward to seeing her and Gene in Bakersfield in a couple of weeks. My sister Tracy came to visit for a night last week as well. Maya loved having her "Aunt Tacey" here - especially since Tracy wears heels and allows Maya to walk around in them!

Ben is doing great. He is starting to smile and coo, which absolutely melts me heart. We are getting into a routine, Ben and me. He is sleeping great - waking up just once through the night. Of course, I'm not counting the 5:30 am feeding as getting up in the middle of the night, as Maya and Larkin both are up and ready for the day to get started by 6. The hours that Maya is home and awake during the week (6 to 8 am and 5:30 to 7:30 pm) are sometimes chaotic as they usually correspond to Ben's awake (or as Maya says "avake") time, but we are surviving. May loves Ben; she won't leave the house or go to bed without giving him a hug and a kiss.

Will try and post the pictures from Wendy's visit soon...

No comments: