Sunday, May 29, 2011

One year

One year ago today, Benjamin Robert Tackett was born. And I honestly wonder how I made it my first 31 years without him. The little man loves life (unfortunately, all too often that translate into wanting to start his day at 6 am. He doesn't understand weekends yet.) He shrieks with joy when he sees Larkin, me, or - his favorite person, Maya. His hugs are incredible - he will wrap his little arms around your shoulders and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.
It has been so much fun watching the him grow and explore his world (as well as seeing what I would look like as a baby baby.) He is an active, curious kid whose default emotion is joy. He has sparkling blue eyes and an easy smile - and he knows how to use both. I am constantly stopped by strangers telling me that he is an absolute flirt. Ladies, watch out.
Another joy of the last year has been watching Maya be a big sister. The girl was born for this role. After telling us that it is 7 o'clock, the second thing out of her mouth each morning is "where's Ben?" She rarely loses her patience with him, even when he grabs her toys. She delights in accomplishments and is his biggest cheerleader. (When he took a couple of steps the other day, Maya ran over to hug him and told him, "Ben, good job! You pretended to be a boy!")

Ben, happy birthday! We love you so very much.

1 comment:

wendywayne said...

So very touching. Brought tears to my eyes. He's a beautiful child inside and out.

And I'm not biased,

Love you,

shu shu