Thursday, October 30, 2008

Maya's week with ShuShu

As I was on my "ultimate staycation" from Tuesday to Tuesday of this past week, Maya spent the the week exploring Austin with ShuShu (Wendy). I think it was one of the best weeks of Maya's life!
During Wendy's visit, she and Maya went to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
They also went to the zoo where Maya loved watching the monkeys play.
Unfortunately, the pumpkin patch didn't turn out to be quite as much fun as the zoo!
Wendy and Maya participated in a Livestrong Foundation 5k to help raise money to fight cancer - Maya's first race!
After the race, ShuShu and Maya went to a Halloween carnival at Brentwood Elementary. Doesn't Maya make the cutest dragon (a gift from ShuShu)?
It wasn't all go, go go. They did spend some time playing at home (here with a musical octopus - a very special present from Dom).


While Maya had a great week, my favorite moment of the week occurred Tuesday morning when I was able to hold her again after 7 very long days. Wendy - thanks for all of your help with Maya during a very long week for me.

Uncle Benji and Aunt Amy arrive tomorrow just in time to go trick-or-treating with Maya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maya is just gorgeous! Having had 2 gorgeous girls myself, I don't say it lightly. I'm thinking of you all and hoping for Katie's speedy healing.
Best wishes for a great holiday season!
Judy Goss