Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday

Maya is improving - she greeted me with a smile this morning (I thought I would be able to sneak down to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee without her waking up - I was wrong); has been playing with her toys, IV tubing, etc.; and has started pushing the nurses and doctors away. My stubborn little girl is back! The doctors decided to take her off oxygen about an hour ago. After eating 6 oz of formula this morning, she is now back asleep. Her levels are on the low side, but not the "low enough to go back on oxygen" side. It looks like we will be going home later this afternoon!

(Of course, yesterday they told us the same thing at this time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they mean it today. If her blood oxygen levels stay up, and she doesn't develop a fever, we'll be sleeping in our beds tonight!)

2 comments:

wendywayne said...

What great news!! How nice that little Maya has her spirit back - is smiling, playing and identifying that nurses are going to intervene in her fun!!

Love that baby!! her mommy and daddy, too.

Shu shu from many miles away!

Anonymous said...

So glad she feels better...hope you guys are home and rested! We are keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Love you, Toni