Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 4


Ben had his 4 week check up this week. He has gained 2 lbs and grew 2 inches in the last 4 weeks! He is spending more time awake; his alert times usually correspond to when Maya is here in the mornings and evenings. I don't know if he is awake at those times due to the fact that Maya doesn't exactly understand what an "inside voice" is or if he and Maya are in collusion to really test my parenting skills. Luckily she continues to love him and find any noise (including crying) coming from him funny. Otherwise, I'd be in trouble.... Maya wakes up me each morning by coming to join Ben and me in bed (I bring him into our bed for the 5 am feeding). I love having both my babies in bed - I just wish it was at 9 am as opposed to 6 am!
We tried to give them a bath at the same time last week. It went okay, but it is much easier to bathe Ben when it is just him and me during the day. I have not a clue how I'm going to give them both baths when I go back to work but I've got 8 weeks to figure that out.

I'm starting to see a little more resemblance between Maya and Ben (but usually only in pictures - not in real life). Here is Maya at 2 weeks:
And Ben at 4 weeks: Besides looking like a jumbo baby, his coloring is different than Maya's. He definitely has some Klingler in him, whereas I would have doubted Maya was mine at 4 weeks of age if I hadn't delivered her!

Besides the coloring, one big difference between them is Ben loves tummy time. Maya would scream like we were torturing her if we put her on her tummy. Baby Ben loves it.... no flat head for this kid.

Larkin is on his way to Baltimore right now to pick up Benji, Amy, and Loretta. We are very excited for a long weekend with them and will post pics next week!

3 comments:

wendywayne said...

Ben is growing much too quickly. He gets more handsome every day. Your patience with Maya and teaching her to be "gentle" with her brother have really paid off. Looks like parenthood is absolutley agreeing with both of you. Looking forward to photos of the cousins playing together.
Love to all,
shu shu

Unknown said...

Second babies only need baths about once a week. Problem solved. :)

Jen said...

Ben and Maya are gorgeous as usual. Love the pics - and Katie, you're making this look all too easy. I've been keepig up with the blog to glean lessons for when my second one arrives in five short months! By the way, we've learned it's another boy. Oh boy!